Digital Photography & Photoshop (Level 2)
This course is designed for Level 2 Digital Photography and Editing in Photoshop course, although students with a good technical working knowledge of their camera are welcome to also join the class.
What The Course is About:
The aim of the course is to enable students to take better photographs with their camera so that hopefully they will not have to spend much time correcting the results in Photoshop. The emphasis is on camera practice and developing a critical aesthetic eye. This is achieved by making excursions into different photographic scenarios/locations, taking photographs, comparing results and looking into ways to make improvements. You will learn through group discussions, tutor briefing prior to the excursions and one to one tuition when photographing on location.
This course can be joined with any type of digital camera, but you must have your manual (can be downloaded from internet if you no longer have yours). A full list of desirable equipment for the future will be provided at the first session of the course.
Basic computer skills and some knowledge of enhancing photos with software would be helpful.
What will I achieve?
• How to choose which Mode you need for each specific situation.
• How to gain confidence taking photographs in public situations
• How to photograph movement
• How to photograph in low light situations
• How and when to use a tripod
• How to plan a composition
• How to look at contemporary photography and develop a critical eye